Pure Tone Audiometry Screening
Duration 33 minutes
This interactive presentation on pure tone audiomentry screening is intended for personnel who perform pure tone audiometry screening in the Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) clinic or public health setting.
This presentation was created by the Minnesota Department of Health with support from Hennepin County Child and Teen Checkups and Minnesota Department of Human Services.
A certificate of attendance will be issued upon completion of this course and a course evaluation.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to identify:
- Why hearing screening is important.
- The difference between normal hearing and hearing loss.
- Steps to the hearing screening process and proper pure tone audiometry screening procedure.
- Strategies to use for screening young children.
- Criteria for pass or referral.
- Accurate documentation of results.
- Proper use and care of the audiometer.
The content was developed by the Minnesota Department of Health Child and Teen Checkups, child health consultants. Their background includes certification as pediatric nurse practitioners and expertise in child health screening in the clinic setting.
Before you get started with the training, take a moment to read these basic navigation tips which will help you work through the on-line course.
- This course is narrated throughout, please adjust your volume accordingly.
- We have provided closed captioning for the audio segments. Click the CC button on the lower right in the play bar below to view.
- The course navigation is at the bottom of the screen.
- Your Play (Next), Forward and Back buttons are on the lower left. You may click in the Table of Contents on your left to review modules as you wish.
- At the end of the course, you’ll be presented with multiple choice questions to check your understanding of the material.
- To exit the course at any time, click the X in the lower right corner of the screen. Click Next to continue.
Original posting date 03/31/2015