Course Title: Newborn Hearing Screening and Follow-up for the Primary Care Provider [and Clinic Staff]
Course Duration: 36 minutes 23 seconds
Course Description: Training to help Minnesota clinics understand how they can help their newborn patients complete the hearing screening and follow-up process.
- Describe the importance of early identification of hearing loss
- Describe the timing and steps of the newborn hearing screening follow-up process in Minnesota
- Define the role of the primary provider/clinic staff in ensuring prompt follow-up and diagnosis
- Identify common issues that may result in an infant not receiving follow-up
- Identify strategies to improve "loss to follow-up"
- Understand how MDH-Newborn Screening Program partners with clinics to support timely follow-up
Instructor Bio: Kirsten Coverstone is a MDH audiologist who earned her doctorate from Salus University. She has focused most of her 15-year-career in the various components of early hearing detection and intervention at local, state, and national levels.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties,
please check your computer capability: click the Help tab in the TRAIN
navigation bar, then click "Test Your Environment".